Please support St. Stephen’s Episcopal School


Our 2016-17 Annual Fund Goal is to raise $150,000 from our entire school community of current families, faculty, staff, board, grandparents, and alumni families. 
 
We strive for 100% participation from current families, faculty, staff and board members. Every gift is important. Collectively they make an enormous difference at our school. Annual Fund provides resources to the school that tuition alone can not cover.
 
The St. Stephen’s Annual Fund provides unrestricted operating dollars to the school.  Because it is unrestricted, the Annual Fund supports a multitude of activities at every grade level and area from orientation classes to the high school. These resources help every child learn and grow to their full potential. 

Please give generously to the Annual Fund

The success and learning of every St. Stephen’s student is our top priority.  Will you please help by making St. Stephen’s your charitable priority? 

The Annual Fund supports these kinds of needs: 

  • Academics: Supplying classrooms with new materials, equipment and technology
  • Fine Arts: Enriching the arts programs, including theater productions, classroom music programs, and visiting artists
  • Excellent Faculty: Providing staff development opportunities, Montessori , IMYC and IB training and certification for our dedicated faculty
  • Enhanced learning: Taking students outside the classroom to engage with our city such as the Discovery Green Film and Fashion Festival, field trips, after school programs, and Da Vinci Lab
  • Healthy Activities: Integrating physical activity throughout the day with indoor and outdoor play areas, games, and after school sports
  • Operating Expenses: Ensuring funds for building maintenance
  • Financial Aid providing scholarships to qualified students to ensure St. Stephen’s maintains a vibrant and diverse student culture 

Who Supports the Annual Fund?

Current Families
We ask every current family to support the Annual Fund, above and beyond their tuition payments. We strive for 100% participation, regardless of gift amount.
 
Faculty/Staff/Board
Our faculty and staff are not only dedicated educators, but generous supporters. Last year, 100% of our faculty, staff and board voluntarily contributed to the Annual Fund at significant levels.  They set an example and inspire us on many levels.
 
Alumni and their Families
Alumni are a small but important segment of the Annual Fund. Graduates, former students and their families give back to the school because of the positive, long-term impact St. Stephen’s has had on their lives. The school instills an intellectual curiosity and personal drive that remains with them long after they leave campus.
 
Grandparents
Grandparents are very special at St. Stephen’s. They support the school with their presence at school events, as school volunteers, and their financial gifts to the Annual Fund.

For a list of current contributors click here.

WHY THE ANNUAL FUND?

The tuition we charge does not cover our total operating expenses.
St. Stephen’s intentionally sets tuition lower than the true cost to educate its student so tuition remains affordable for more families. This is a common practice at all private schools.  We cover about 94% of our expenses with tuition and fees. The remaining 6% must be raised from charitable contributions to the Annual Fund and foundation grants.  

WILL YOU GIVE THE GAP?  

The tuition gap is the difference between the tuition families pay and total operating expenses, divided by the number of students enrolled. Each year, it varies slightly depending on the budget and enrollment. Our current tuition gap is $1,050 per student.

This year we introduced leadership giving circles to encourage giving at the tuition gap level and above. Starting with the Bulldog Circle and above, donors will enjoy exclusive thank you events with school leadership.  

Pledges and Other Payment Methods


Giving Levels

St. Stephen's Circle $20,000+

Head of School $7,500–$19,999

Principal Circle $5,000–$7,499

Educator Circle $2,500-$4,999

Bulldog Circle $1,200–$2,499

Partner's of St. Stephen's $500-$1,199

Friends of St. Stephen's Up to $499


Thank you for your annual fund gift

All Donors
Listed in Annual Report
Listed on Annual Fund Tree in Carpool Lane
Annual Fund Donor List

Bulldog Circle ($1,200+)
Special cocktail event with school leadership

Principal's Circle ($5,000+)
Special dinner in private home with Head of School