Summer camp 2017
Create. Explore. Design. The da Vinci Lab for Creative Arts and Sciences is in full swing for summer 2017! Sign-up today and join our makerspace lab for an opportunity to be wildly curious, inventive, and daring! For students in grades 5 through 9.
Financial Assistance Available. For more detailed information, contact Director of da Vinci Lab, Ryan Hawthorne.
Session one (5/30 -6/9)
Signals, radios and Morse Code, oh my! Students will learn how to send Morse Code through electrical simple switches which they construct from batteries, wires, and a bulb. They will explore the impact of electrical communications on society and focus on exploring electric message systems!
Session two (6/12 - 6/23)
Break out your inner rock star and make your own musical instrument! Students will design, create and demonstrate in this musical summer session using various materials and tools. Sky's the limit with what you can create. Trombone, drums, boxed guitar... you name it. Set free your inner artist to design and create it!
Session three (6/26 - 7/7)
Make your own raspberry pi and create coding for it! Raspberry Pi is a dynamic micro-controller that is capable of just about anything a computer is. Seriously! It runs with the Python programming language, and is a great way to learn about hardware hacking and coding. This credit-card sized computer is sure to be a delectable treat!
Director of da Vinci Lab for Creative Arts and Sciences: Ryan Hawthorne | 713.528.6665 x220
- $600 Per Session (Scholarships Available)
- $195 One Time Registration Fee (Fee waived if enrolled in all three sessions)
- Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. to noon
- Students will need a backpack each day to carry their gear and lunch.
- Snacks provided.
- Must bring own lunch. Lunches will not be able to be warmed.
- Please list any food allergies.
- Students should wear closed toed shoes for shop work .
- Students should come in appropriate dress each day (wear breathable, comfortable t-shirts and shorts/pants)
- It is imperative that all students have at least two (2) water bottles with them daily.