There are several ways that individuals, corporations and foundations can support us. Donors commonly select from one or more of the following ways below to make their gifts.
Make your gift today:
- Donate Online here.
- Call the Business Office at 713-821-9123 to make your pledge or give by phone via credit card between 9:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are all accepted).
- Bring your donation to the School' Front Office.
- Mail your gift to: St. Stephen's Episcopal School, Development Office, 1800 Sul Ross, Houston, Texas, 77098. Checks should be made payable to St. Stephen's Episcopal School.
Our 2016-17 Annual Fund goal is to raise $150,000 from our school community of current families, faculty, staff, grandparents and alumnus families.
Make your donation to the annual fund here.
One Time Gifts
Contributions may be made by cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- To send a check, please make the check payable to:
St. Stephen's Episcopal School
1800 Sul Ross Houston, Texas, 77098
- In the memo you may designate the specific initiative or fund you wish to give to and include your name and class year (if you are alumnus of St. Stephen's).
- To give by phone, call the Business Office at 713-821-9123 between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Pledging your support lets us count your gift towards our overall fundraising goals and allows your name to be listed in our preliminary donor reports, if you do not request for your gift to be anonymous.
Many employers offer matching gift programs through which they will double or even triple your contribution to St. Stephen's. Some employers may even match gifts made by retirees and family members. To learn more contact the Development Office at 713-821-9102.
Gifts of Stock/Securities
Gifts of stock/securities represent a two-fold savings opportunity. Donors avoid paying capital gains taxes on the increased values of their stocks. In addition, donors receive an income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock on the date of the gift. For stock transfer instructions, click here.
Planned Gifts/Estate Plan Gifts
Planned giving provides St. Stephen's income while providing economic benefits to your estate plan. Estate Plan Giving is constantly changing, so you are advised to consult with your financial advisers to consider options that would benefit you most. Options to consider include the following:
- Bequest (cash, property or share of estate residue) in your will—allows you to make a gift to St. Stephen's future without affecting your cash flow or portfolio now.
- Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust—allows you to retain income benefits from the assets you give to St. Stephen's, and thus afford a larger gift.
- Deferred Gift Annuity—allows you to reduce high tax liability now and gain additional income later.
- Real Estate Gift—could allow you to avoid capital gains tax plus other benefits.
- Charitable Lead Trust—supports programs at St. Stephen's for a fixed period of time with the principal going to your heirs.
- Life Insurance Policy—create a policy or donate a paid-up policy whose coverage you no longer need.