The 2017-2018 school year is quickly approaching and we are looking forward to another great year at St. Stephen's Episcopal School – Houston!
We look forward to welcoming all new and returning students in August and hope each of you have an enjoyable summer break!
Important Dates To Remember
Sunday, July 31 - Medical Forms Due
August 6th - Friday August 11th - Hamburgers, Hotdogs and Hang Out (Class-Level Family Evening Events)
You and your child can enjoy a fun-filled hangout and meet other class-level families. This is a wonderful way to reconnect with or meet new St. Stephen’s families before the school year begins!
- Sunday, August 6, 4 - 6 p.m. – Orientation Families
- Monday, August 7, 5:30 - 7 p.m. – Primary Families
- Tuesday, August 8, 5:30 - 7 p.m. – Lower Elementary Families
- Wednesday, August 9, 5:30 - 7 p.m. – Upper Elementary Families
- Friday, August 11, 5:30 - 7 p.m. – Middle Years Families
Thursday, August 10th - New Family Reception (Parents Only)
Invitations will be mailed prior to school.
Friday, August 11th thru Tuesday, August 15th - Meet Your Teacher /Back to School Conferences
Meet the Teacher and Back to School conferences are for students enrolled in Orientation - Middle School. Please refer to the school calendar or teacher letter for the specific date and time. Please note that any conferences will be scheduled by the teacher via email.
Saturday, August 12th - Safeguarding God's Children Training. (This is a mandatory training class for ALL new parents and any current parents who have not previously taken the course.)
To register or view additional training dates, click here.
Monday, August 14th, Bulldog Roundup (Parents Only)
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. -- Reception/Extra-Curricular Sign-Ups in Pecore Hall
- 6:00 p.m. Bulldog Roundup Welcome and School Overview
- 6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m. Classroom Break-out Sessions
Join us in Pecore Hall to kickoff the year! During this event, you will learn more about drop-off/ pick-up and classroom procedures, class field trips & school events, Safeguarding God’s Children training, school communications, PTO and parent involvement, homework (if applicable), scheduling and more. This is also an opportunity to spend time with your child’s teacher, meet your Room Parents and get your important questions answered!
Tuesday, August 15th: Popsicles on the Playground, 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
All School Event for Parents and Students. PTO Sponsored.
Wednesday, August 16th: First Day of School
Tuesday, August 22 – 25th: Mo Ranch Field Trip (7th & 8th Grade)
Monday, August 28: First All School Chapel of the 2017/2018 School Year (parents welcome)
Monday, August 28: State of School Breakfast, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. OR 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Parents and grandparents are invited to attend one of our two State of School Breakfast:
- State of School Breakfast #1 during All School Chapel, 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- State of School Breakfast #2, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m., Pectore Hall
Wednesday, August 30th - September 1st: Camp Allen (Upper Elementary)
Head of School Breakfast Series:
Join us for our annual HOS Breakfast Series with David Coe. Parents and grandparents alike are welcome to join us for an hour in the Church Gathering Area following student drop-off. These continental style breakfasts are an invitation for open dialouge, reflection, and sharing on any topic with the goal of knowing one another better.
Fall Breakfast Series 8:15 - 9:15 a.m., Church Gathering Area
- October 4, 2017 – Orientation Families
- October 11, 2017 – Primary Families
- October 17, 2017 – Lower El families
- October 24, 2017 – Upper El and Middle Years families
Spring Breakfast Series 8:15 - 9:15 a.m., Church Gathering Area
- January 31, 2018 – Orientation Families
- February 7, 2018 – Primary Families
- February 21, 2018 – Lower El families
- February 28, 2018 – Upper El and Middle Years families