There are no boundaries to a St. Stephen’s education. Each year, St. Stephen’s takes learning outside of the classroom and applies it to travel, venturing to new locations each year where the students immerse themselves in diversity and multicultural settings.
Global interactions enliven the learning environment and contribute to students’ understanding of different cultures, the natural world and scientific exploration.
At St. Stephen’s, we want our students to experience traveling holistically:
- Discover a new environment
- Learn to share space and live together with fellow students and teachers/chaperones
- Immersion in a different culture when traveling abroad
- Step out of the comfort zone they all enjoy in their private life
- Become educated according to the trip destination and goals
The students alternate destinations in the U.S. with a destination abroad, chosen with students’ input.
- 2018: San Francisco, CA
- 2017: Barcelona, Spain
- 2016: Panama City
- 2015: Barcelona, Spain
- 2014 and 2011: Costa Rica
- 2013 and 2007: Yucatán, Mexico
- 2012 and 2010: Puerto Rico
- 2009: San Diego, CA
- 2008: Athens, Greece
- 2006: British Columbia (Canada)